Monday, September 10, 2007

Late Bloomer

I need to say upfront I haven't actually seen my real hair color since my early twenties BUT I am becoming increasingly aware that I am a late bloomer - I don't have a grey hair (note the singular). All of my friends have had a grey hair - or in some cases two or three - since their thirties. I am closer to 40 than 30 and I have developed a habit of growing out my roots so I can check. Still not a one.

I was a very early developed with other female changes, and this strikes me as very foreign. Being a late bloomer doesn't sit well.

And then, if I want to get really paranoid, there is the issue of wrinkles (no I don't have a one) but I will leave that for another moment of personal insecurity....

2 comments:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

laugh...I was a late bloomer in all but grey hair..Once going to the hairdressers was a luxury now it is maintaince, top priority. My brother went grey at 19, he thought it was sexy. I met a woman at TAFE who said it was so empowering to finally think 'what the hell' and go grey..but not yet, not for me...im not that brave...

Unknown said...

me neither gale, my auntie has been grey since her early 20's but has always dyed her hair. My mum is 63 (don't tell her I told you both!) and has only just started to get the odd grey hair. I think I have lots of them...smiles...I definately deserve to have some, feel like I have earned them..lol!

Here's to late blooming tho Rae, more power to ya, maybe menopause will hold off as well...well I can hope!

k