Monday, September 10, 2007

Crescent Head and the Hardship of Working Sundays

Such a hard life .....

Yesterday I had to carry the burden of going to Crescent Head for a barbecue as my working day - with the wonderful A. Yes I understand that you feel my pain :-)

The young people got themselves up without a fuss, the Eski was packed and we were out the door by 9.30 in the morning. We were at Crescent Head a couple of hours later. Now for those who (like me) have no idea where Crescent Head is, think Coffs Harbour, head south then follow the big green signs when you get to Kempsey.

Admittedly the weather was intermittent rain but there was good periods of sunshine. Somehow the bbq got cancelled and we feasted on hot chip and roast chicken sandwiches instead :-) (no I will not mention nutritional requirements)...

We had many giggly moments, I took lots of photos, for most of us we got to go somewhere new, and - dare I say it - it was lots of fun.

Now to be fair there was a couple of hiccups but I'm pretending they weren't there.

Oh, we stopped to buy fresh pecans from a roadside stall on the way home... yes, feel my pain :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wondered who to blame for the constant crunching of pecan nuts all day...giggles...glad you had fun though :) I love Crescent, its a beautiful spot thats for sure.

k