Monday, September 10, 2007

Girls Night In

On Saturday we had an awesome Girls Night In. I had these semi-regularly before I moved but this was my first since hitting the east coast.

Miss K (as the very perfect host) had the candles burning and her gorgeous house looking perfect. She treated us to home made spring rolls and fresh sushi, followed by Thai beef salad and a fruit platter. And if that wasn't enough, I had my own vegetarian versions (wow!). Miss G bought her daughter, the delightful and sun-shiny Miss B. Entertainment was by the John Butler Trio, Missy Higgins and then a selection of Miss B.

The evening was an absolutely delightful mix of girl talk, women supporting women, silly conversations and Scrabble! (you just gotta know I was doing cartwheels at this stage). Apart from conning in the young people I work with, this is only the second 'person' (it was three against one) to play Scrabble with me on the east coast!!!!

What a perfect evening :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey babe,

Twas a lovely night, we should do more regularly! In my defense, 3:1 still didn't get us far, we survived due mostly to your generosity of spirit, or was that sympathy for us...giggles? The boys and I have been playing scrabble a fair bit lately, one day I might be brave enough to take you on 1:1, or at least 2:1!

Lets do it all again soon...thanks for the fabulous fruit platter...smiles...so thoughtful :)

k

Unknown said...

Yes we must absolutely make a commitment to nights like this - acknowledging the general schedule of life - but they are good for the soul!