Thursday, February 21, 2008

Things I Miss

Things I miss about Western Australia (based on the logical assumption that family and friends are a given):

  • Vistas from one edge of the horizon to the other and the domed sky above
  • Fields of ripe wheat or barley blowing in the breeze
  • The grey-green of the native plants
  • The smell of the land
  • The sparkling light

Things I don't miss about Western Australia:

  • Flat land that goes on forever
  • The heat and seemingly eternal sunshine
  • The lack of green-green
  • It seems to never rain

Yes I appreciate the irony ...

4 comments:

Whispering Walls said...

fabulous photo

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Now MG, ya need to balance that with things I love/dont love about NSW...

rainforests, empty beaches,
bustl, traffic jams, pacific highway...

Loved this post, you feeling a little homesick girl

Unknown said...

No not homesick Miss A, just doing a feelings check ...

Unknown said...

Welcome WW, I would love to say it was one of mine but alas... it took me a little time to find it and I did think it was absolutely perfect :-)