Monday, February 4, 2008

Eureka!

I have had a canvas that has been painted and repainted over the years and nothing worked. Two and a half years ago I painted it black and it has just sat.

Now I know what I will do - yes the muse has struck and it will not be silenced. Suddenly my blank black canvas makes absolute sense.

I will need to get some new colors tomorrow but I will have time at work tonight to get the base design down at the very least (I might still have some of the colors I am looking for in one of the many bags of paint I have scattered around the house).

Can you tell I am excited? :-) And it shouldn't take me more than 10 or so days to paint so I will keep you posted.

5 comments:

Tex's Missus said...

Gee, of all the talents I lack, being able to paint ( is one of the two that I wish desperately I had :) (singing is the other) I am very envious of your ability and am looking forward to the next instalment :)

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!

Claire said...

Just happened upon your blog what varied posts so diverse. I will visit again soon.

Indigo-Daisy said...

I have often thought about taking up painting. I have 6 tubes of paint, a canvas and an idea, however I have no inspiration. I can't wait to see what you create.
-Deborah

Unknown said...

Welcome Miss Kissa! Yes it is an eclectic mix of things with subjects depending on my mood (as well as my challenge of one positive quote each day of 2008). Weird but it works for me :-)

Thanks other Misses for postive comments and yes I will post the final product. I can tell you I did about two ours work as a starter last night and I am happy with it so far :-)