Monday, February 4, 2008

Favorite Jammies

I have progressively been wearing out my favorite pairs of jammies in 2007 - and by wearing out I mean wearing until they are literally falling apart. No, they are way past being repairable (that was 2 years ago) because the fabric is too delicate to take and keep a stitch.

Today it is the time for my favorite favorite jammies to go. Yes I have contemplated just leaving them in the drawer - for old time's sake - but no. Could they be rags, no. Could they be recycled, no, not really. It is a bin job.

And so I post the story here as a memorial to my favorite favorite jammies and to 9 years of very happy memories :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHHAAA, I'm like that with jammies. It's the washing machine's fault for wearing them out ;)

Tex's Missus said...

Awwwww, I always feel so sad when I have to bin a favourite clothing item - for me it's t-shirts; I always have a couple that I wear to death, til they get thin and stained and then they are relegated to gardening duties, but ultimately there's nothing else for it, and they become car washing rags - seems a dishonourable end for a trusted friend tho', maybe I should just bit the bullet, bin them early and be done with it :)

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Hey Ive got a pair here that will suit you, flannalette bright ble with white stars...I'll send em in...

Sorry Love, all my pj's are satin..tis my obbsession, along with bras & knickers...mind you they never seem to die..

have a bourban pair of flannos a young girl gave me...just cant give em away