Friday, February 8, 2008

My Fridge

I love my fridge - well the outside bits anyway :-) And, ever since I moved out of home, I have always decorated my various fridges with little memories. I decided long ago that "sensible" things like outstanding bills or reminder notices were not suitable for this friendly space.

So what do I have on it now ... the last Kim Wilkie calendar (which will have a permanent home there), Miss Weasley memories (two magnets I bought at a school fete with her years ago, and souvenir magnets from places we have visited, and a couple of gifts from her), a Christmas tree angel from Auntie W who bought her cos it reminded her of me - not sure if that is the curly hair or the cheeky bottom that you see ever time she turns around), a magnet that my old neighbors bought back from Africa, one of John's silly notes, a message of spiritual awareness from a friend I left behind in Geraldton, a dancing fairy from Dad and N ... oh and that is just the start. Everything has a little story.

So, are you a bare-fridge or a decorated fridge kinda person?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My fridge is naked! It's difficult enough cleaning it daily without having things falling off or having to move them. Council magnets are allowed on the side above the bin. If they fall - they stay there! HAHA

Unknown said...

i'm a clean fridge girl as well, although when boys were younger they had stuff stuck there. now i sticky tape everything to the inside of the pantry door and then i don't have to look at it..lol... xo

SunshineCityLassie said...

I would say your fridge, quite like mine, is a sort of wall of inspiration. You don't pay attention to what's on there all the time, but every now and then you give it a good look over and discover or think of something you never did before.