Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Last Supper

I was listening to a book review on a survey of the best chef's and what they would have for their last meal, where it would be and who they would share it with.

Obviously it started me thinking. My first choice would be an Italian lunch under a big tree but, no that wasn't what I wanted for my last meal - that is what I want for lunch lol. Then I considered something fancy - I haven't tried real truffles before but that isn't really me. Anyway, the winner is ...

Me, I would have fish and chips (from Joe's Fish Shack in Fremantle - I have never really had anything that even comes a close second to their f&cs) with homemade lemonade while sitting in the surf at a local beach ala Shirley Valentine playing Scrabble with my best friends. Where would this beach be, not sure but because it is my dream and in my dream I can get Joe's food fresh and hot anywhere in the world (not just in Fremantle) I am unlimited in my choices :-)

Anyone else have a perfect last supper?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I could eat if knew it was my last!

Tex's Missus said...

Hmmmm, I think I'm with Anon about the lack of appetite, but putting that aside, my last meal would be taken while sitting on a secluded beach in Port Fairy and would consist of a gigantic bag of hot chips with chicken salt all washed down with icy cold margharita's - yum !!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Know what you mean about the Ital lunch. I can't eat fish but would go for the chips! - Maybe with a dish of chicken cooked with olives and lemon.

Unknown said...

Hmmm, icy cold margharitas - haven't had one of them for .... 10 years. I wonder why, they were great! Love that idea:-)

And thanks Welshcakes - and now I know what is happening for dinner tonight.

I just love simple food that is done well. I reckon that if you have to drown something in sauces, or use a whole lot of flavoring to disguise things, then you are eating the wrong way!

One of the chef's on tv, or maybe someone who was on tv (no idea who), when giving out the ingredients always ingredients always emphasized that you use the best you can afford. And no things don't have to be expensive, just the best you can afford :-)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Sausages, brown onion gravy, mashed potatoes, with lumps...in front of an open fire...