Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Solveig Larsen

When Dad and I went out to dinner tonight we 'discovered' a new artist (well it actually appears that Solveig is very well established but she is new to us).

Her website is www.artangel.com.au/solveiglarsen

The site is a little out of date (by a few years according to the information on there) so let me take the opportunity of introducing some of her more current work to you.....















These paintings were huge and vibrant and alive and passionate and spectacular and powerful and .... well you get the idea. Flamenco has never looked so good.

4 comments:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Love them..she has certainly captured the flow & movement of dance...x

Unknown said...

I love that, its one of those little surprises, going out for a meal and seeing something unexpected like a lovely artwork on the wall...serendipity indeed! And yes I agree, her artwork is lovely :)

Anonymous said...

Hi. This is Solveig, the mentioned artist.. Thank you for your appreciative comments.
I live in a bit of a void, in my cul-de-sac, with just the birds, my cat and the odd chat with locals, so , yes, it is wonderful to connect with the world.
i love dance, as you can see, and people and landscapes.. LIFE in all its magnificence. Thanks again, Solveig

Unknown said...

I very much appreocate your work - and it is a delight to walk around Bellingen and dicover them displayed in various businesses :-)