Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Breakfast

This is my breakfast. I rediscovered this recipe on Monday (thanks to CL for being the guinea pig) when I served it like this but I added a sliver or two of avocado to the salad and cooked some lemon slices and served with with the haloumi. Anyhow it was so good I am having it for breakfast today.

Red Lentil Burgers
1 C red lentils cooked for 10 - 15 minutes with 1 1/2 C vege stock
1 t each of ground coriander, ground cumin, paprika and garam masala
1 onion, chopped finely
2 slices of bread, crumbled
the rind of one lemon, grated
the juice of 1 lemon
1 egg beaten
about 2 T plain flour

Mix everything (except the flour) together, put int he fridge for 30 minutes or so. Stir through the flour. Cook in a buttered pan.

Serve with a dressing made from Greek yogurt, fresh mint, lemon juice and lemon rind.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds fabulous! Mind if I lift it to cook for my vego brother-in-law? You are such a fabulous cook :)

Unknown said...

Spread the joy! ha ha ha

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

sounds yummo...might make tomoz....when i look at photos of recipes like that I think my god all that preperation, but when I read it there its suprisingly simple...Im just out of the habit, my husband loved brekkies like this of a Sunday (well more brunch by the time we got papers) but on my own i dont seem to take the time...