Monday, August 6, 2007

I Love Light



I so love the way that light changes our perspective of things - certain light brings a sparkle to features, or a shadow changes the emotion of a scene completely. I am sure that many of my entries will focus on this theme but I wanted to make a quick start with some photos I have taken recently. Now I have never been a beach babe but since spending time there most days I have begun to really appreciate the spiritual cleansing achieved each time you stand on or near the waves, the energy that the water brings and shares, the scope of the skyscape and the effect of light on each of these considerations.

Have you every really noticed how light changes the color of leaves, and trees, and even buildings. It adds highlights and emphasis, emotion and even silhouette. It defines texture and feeling. It changes the color from, say a firey red to a deep brooding maroon. It completely changes our perspective of all things around us. I remember when I traveled through Broken Hill I described the light as though a thousand crystals had shattered.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mmm...so agree :) our senses, sight, touch, smell, hearing and especially taste for those food guru's can have such a powerful effect on our perceptions, our moods and our world views. How do we inspire this in those who have not the desire or understanding is the challenge, how do we encourage them to 'sense' what cannot be seen, but has to be felt and imagined, the subtleties and quirky notes of nature...it's something I see you do so well every day, inspiring others to look further, closer and harder to see good and soak it up, so glad I met you Mountaingirl :)