Monday, September 7, 2009

They're Back!

Or maybe they never really went away ....

Yes I had a knock on the door yesterday and was greeted by a young Guide and her mom selling cookies - and at only $3 a packet why not.

Now to step back a moment I was a Brownie in my youth (which was for girls too young to be guides - although I think things have changed now and they are all Guides) and I remember the cookies visibly - they were the worst. I have no idea what ingredients they used to achieve flavors like that but suffice to say they were bad. Which I guess is why I assumed they had all, along with the idea, buried in a deep hole for the last 30 years.

So back to yesterday. I took a punt - it was only $3 and it was for a good cause. And my young visitor apologised that they had sold out of the plain biscuits and only had the chocolate dipped ones left.

So, for the verdict .... they aren't too bad. I am sure the chocolate isn't slave-free but otherwise they are edible. They have come a long way in 30 years. And now that I have had my taste, does anyone want a cookie?

1 comment:

pita-woman said...

Guides? Guess that's the Aussie version of Girl Scouts. Other than their thin-mint cookies, I'm not that crazy about G/S cookies either.