Monday, September 21, 2009

The Garden Is Done





I initially had great plans to fill the garden with five different types of tomatoes as well as herbs, herbs and more herbs but reality bites and I am not able to take care of that sort of garden anymore. So, I have gone to a cottage-type with agapanthus, gardenias, jasmine, lavender, rosemary and daisies. These will all grow and fill the space negating the need for bending down work (like weeding). I will put the tomatoes and herbs into pots where I can manage them a bit better.

Anyway, it had been five months of not being able to find someone to help, or people promising to turn and and then not so it was all a bit of a mess.

Then the trusty Abbey turned up with shovel, garden claw and a lot of elbow grease and weeded it for me (leaving the mint, parsley and oregano intact). I managed to get a couple of the pots in myself (bad move) before Kylie arrived and finished them all for me. Then the ground was then covered with layers of newspaper and a pile of organic sugar cane mulch.

I can now announce that it is done. All it needs to do now is grow :-)

And it is now a friendship garden because there was no way I could have done it without them. MWAH :-)

No comments: