Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Electric Dreams?

A wonderfully beautiful and generous friend has given me a tv so I can watch Parliamentary Question Time.

But that insidious box has been reaching out its tentacles - I have changed the channel and been bombarded with commerce and greed. At first I couldn't take it, I could feel my braincells dying with each ad that came on. But Masterchef is Masterchef and over a week I have been numbed to the ads and I am watching tv again.

I find it interesting that it was so very easy to swap to life without tv and, after a little false start, so very easy to slip back into life with it. I keep trying to come up with a philosophy or other form of analysis to justify why I sit there and watch ads, why I even turn commercial television on, but I haven't come up with anything yet.

Sigh .... (but I do love my Question Time)

Image: "Television" by kashmir63

1 comment:

Pinki Kumari said...

play bazaar is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs. Even you can find website theme with satta king and joomla.