Saturday, January 10, 2009

Thinking Allowed

There has been much thinking going on here at the mountain this week - more thinking than blogging as you may have realized. Much of my thinking has been about me - facing little challenges about myself and my interaction with the world - some of it has been about Gaza and there have been little moments of creativity - I have been reciting Langston Hughes to myself for example.
Now this is a completely selfish way to spend a week but oh how I have loved it! Being outside the ol' comfort zone isn't how I want to spend every day of my life but if I hadn't put off having the so many thoughts well, I wouldn't be having them all at once (if that makes sense).

So now that I am over the hump of the thinking, I have decided to listen to life's little whispers more often. I will keep more in tune with myself, my motives and what is driving me to make various choices. I want to grow a little every day rather than a big chunk randomly interspersed in life.

And that gives me a lot more time to think of the important things, like Gaza, and to recite poetry to myself :-)

Art: "We all need something to grow by" by pablobarra

1 comment:

Unknown said...

change = growth...good for you sweetie... i've been so out of my comfort zone this week i'm like a fish outta water...but i have survived, and i've grown. I hope you realise how inspirational you are?