Sunday, January 4, 2009

Out of the Comfort Zone

There is something in the air here on the mountain. I think it started on Friday when I chose to step outside my comfort zone and assess the new situation I found myself in at work. Maybe it started when I was discussing motherhood with my friend.

In any case I haven't been back in the comfort zone since - although I can at least see it from here. I seem to have been flooded with "opportunities for growth" coming out of the recesses of my mind, triggered in casual conversations or raising themselves through dreams.

The thought of ignoring all of the opportunities and continuing to live in blissful ignorance occurred to me more than once but I did, instead, chose to accept the opportunities that had presented themselves. I have been challenged over and over again but have come out the other side smiling. To be fair I think it will take a while longer before everything settles properly but I do feel good.

It is 2009 and I am starting the year a-fresh :-)

Photo:" "Forward" by erinbit

2 comments:

Alison said...

Someone once told me to stop trying to step back into my comfort zone, and instead, make my comfort zone come to me. It works for me, so I thought I'd share :-)
Also, if it's not far too corny, Daddy Kewl's favourite phrase of encouragement whenever someone was doing some good self learning, was "Way to grow!"
So... Way to grow, MG! You're too kewl.

diver said...

The lifelong motto of my ancient wisened mother has always been, "Once you're comfortable, you're dead." Her advice has always been to stay out of comfort zones ... she's a hard task-mistress, eh.