Monday, January 12, 2009

Choc-Topped Crunchy Slices

3 x 65 g Mars bars, chopped
90 g butter
3 C puffed rice
Topping:
200 g milk chocolate, chopped
30 g butter

Grease a 19 cm x 29 cm lamington pan, line base and sides with paper, grease paper as well.

Combine Mars Bars and butter in large saucepan, stir constantly over large heat without boiling until mixture is smooth - use a whisk if you need to. Stir in puffed rice. Press mixture evenly into prepared pan. Spread with topping. Refrigerate until set before cutting.

Topping: Melt chocolate and butter in pan over hot water; stir until smooth.

Keeping time: 1 week

Source: Australia Women's Weekly Home Library - Cakes and Slices

3 comments:

Unknown said...

mmmm...these were delish, i can't elive how yummy it was, i walked to the car wishing i had pinched an extra piece!

Alison said...

Oh MG ... I was so inspired by all the chocolate last night, that I dreamt about chocolate woke up STARVING... Then (and this is the best bit) the kewl girls and I ate chocolate cake for breakfast.
Thank you, my inspiration!

Unknown said...

You go Alison and the Kewl girls :-)

Glad you were impressed Miss K - I just can't bring myself to eat sweet things at the moment so I really appreciate the feedback - will keep the recipe for use another time lol