Friday, January 9, 2009

Changing Island



I went to North Wall in Coffs yesterday before I went to work. I love just sitting my the water, watching the waves, the surfers, the birds. But my attention yesterday was diverted to the islands.

I may be wrong (it has been a while since I have been to this beach) but I am sure that the island 'with a bite taken out of it' used to be rounded ie no "bite".

Does anyone know if my memory is playing tricks on me, or the story of the changed shape of the island?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The split has always been there honey, thats why they call it split solitary island... grins... i've got close up pics from when we have been out there in tony's boat years ago, will try to dig em up for ya!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I don't know thw answer but that second photo is very evocative.