Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My New Angel

I have just come home to discover my new cleaner G has been and gone.

She came by last night and we arranged for her to vaccuum the carpets and mop the floors (two jobs I just have to accept are beyong my capabilities anymore) and if she had any time over from her two hours she would just do bits of something else (say wash a window or something). G gave me the price that she usually charges but that was way to low so I offered a farier market price (which reminds me, I must check out the Award). G did offer to do my dishes and the laundry but they are still in my realms of abilities so I had to decline that offer.

Go now my house is looking like it never has before (and I have improved my housekeepin considerably over the years). All of the floors have been vacuumed - including the carpet which is being replaced because it can't be vacuumed anymore - and perfect. The bathroom is spotless from top to bottom. Things have been tidied in ways I never planned - like all my shoes are in nice rows, matched with their pairs, rahter than tossed in a pile. In short the job is immaculate!

Val let me know G did closer to four hours than two - which is something I did think of - it always takes longer the first time.

In any case I found a note saying "I hope you like my cleaning, if you want me to come back just call me". I rang immediately and G apologized for not cleaning the venetian blinds. Wow, what a woman! G will be coming back each fortnight and yes I am paying her for the extra time she put in today.

I have a new angel helping me on my way :-)


Art: "Angel Ayako by Bluetigress

2 comments:

pita-woman said...

Wow, is this for real or were you having a dream?
If she's for real, hold on to that woman! And if she's ever over in the USA, send her by my house to tidy up. ;)

Unknown said...

Wow..how cool! Thats great...sounds like a true angel xo my cleaning fairy came today too, i came home to clean floors and all the washing and folding up done, my mum has decided she wants to clean on wednesdays, and we share a few meals each week with her in return...your angel sounds equally divine xo