Saturday, November 15, 2008

Is Someone Trying to Tell Me Something?

I went to the grocery store this morning and paid for my groceries with EFTPOS, requesting $10 cash while I was there. The shop assistant gave me $100. I seriously considered it for a few seconds and then alerted her to the mistake and took my $10 instead.

Not 10 minutes later I was in the next store - collecting some items I am hiring for the weekend - when the shop assistant charged me for a much smaller version of one of my items. I thought about it only for a second this time and then alerted her to her mistake and paid the correct fee.

If the universe is trying to give me money, I am really willing to be a receiver, but not like that. Okay it wasn't deception on my part, and was a genuine error on the part of the two people serving me, but it wasn't right to gain under those circumstances.

Just weird it happened the way it did....

Art: "Karma" by Coppertrees

3 comments:

diver said...

At times like those I usually speculate if the universe is 'testing' me ... karma or something like that. I don't risk it, always on my best behaviour with mysteries like that.

Unknown said...

I realized after I had considered keeping the $100 that I had been tested. Maybe the second instance was just a test to check on the voracity of the first test .... hmmm

Don't want to get on the wrong side of the universe ..

Anonymous said...

The universe is telling you your now $100 short..lol

na Im with Diver...im old enough and wise enough to know its the faith fairys playing games...

know what you mean though its odd twice in a row.