Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Breakfast Interrupted

I had grand plans for breakfasts this week.

I was thinking of strawberry and yogurt shakes (or mango, passionfruit and yogurt shakes) followed by blueberry pancakes with maple syrup.

Sigh, then the food processor (with the blender) died - as did the plans for a healthy kick-start to the morning (or, as I am on nightshifts, a kick before I lay down for my first nap).

I have started researching new food processors. Mine was only a cheap model - and it was actually the bowl that cracked and not the engine dying that ended our time together. So now I contemplate whether I get another cheapie, or (because I got the use out of it) whether I go to a more professional machine that will last forever. Or, I could consider a hand blender - with attachments.
So many choices - including what to eat for breakfast. I will just have to nibble on strawberries until I figure it all out :-)

8 comments:

Mom Knows Everything said...

My kids love shakes for breakfast. The don't actually know it's good for them so that's probably why they like them. ;o)

Unknown said...

And you can never tell them Tammy - along with the various dishes that have extra vegetables "hidden" in them :-)

smarmoofus said...

@tammy: Sneaky mom! But that wouldn't work on me. I'd rather eat the fruit, or whatever you're putting in the shakes, whole. I don't like shakes. *shudder* At all.

@Mountaingirl: Sorry about your food processor/blender! How frustrating! I've never shopped for one with any serious interest to buy, so I can't offer any advice on the subject. But if you decide to get a handheld blender (stick blender?), let me know what you think. They look like a convenient approach (just mix it in the bowl/cup/pitcher, so you have one less dirty dish). Of course, then you have limited uses for it... food processors can do so much more.

-smarmoofus

Tina said...

oooh milkshakes my fave. especially home made ones mmm

my hots is up too :)

http://www.mummydiariesblog.com/2008/09/heads-or-tails-edition-58.html

http://www.gamefreakzblog.com/2008/09/free-bartender-game.html

anthonynorth said...

I'm one of those who still likes my bacon and egg for breakfast. Followed by plenty of shaking exercises to work it off.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Believe it or not, I don't think I have ever had a shake for breakfast!

The most exotic (crazy?) thing I did was wade through (with my partner's help) 1kg of fresh prawns for breakfast at Batehaven near Bateman's Bay! I felt so decadent!

Hootin Anni said...

Mmmmmmmmmm, blueberries. ANY kind of fruit smoothie, shake, would be good just about right now!

Happy HoT...my shake is posted, won't you stop by when you get a chance? I'd love to have you visit.

Unknown said...

Love strawberry shakes :) Good luck finding a new processor.
My HoT is posted at The Cafe at the END of the Universe should you care to pop in.