Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Already Done It

Okay, I have to admit, I live in my version of heaven and would change nothing (except perhaps how to get a cleaning fairy of course).

BUT I wasn't always here. Up until a few years ago, I had lived my entire life in Western Australia - and I was very happy. That is until I realized there was "a better kind of normal" (to quote the ad). I could have mountains, and rain, and not so much heat and green all year 'round.

So I gave away almost all of my wordly possessions, packed what I could in the car and moved to the opposite (literally the opposite) side of the continent.Click on the map and you can see that Geraldton (where I was) and Coffs Harbour (in the ballpark of where I am) are an almost exact line across the nation.

I had no job, no where to live and little money when I arrived but within a couple a couple of months I had a permanent place to live (yes in heaven), a house full of furniture, a full-time job and money rolling back in the account (which i was happily spending as I went along).

It wasn't all easy but I knowing now would I still have done it, OH YEAH!

Head or Tails

6 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I like your spunk! I'm not sure if the 'move to the other side' was a whim or if it was a long planned action, but I like the fact that you uprooted yourself for a 'better life'!!!

Happy HoT day.

anthonynorth said...

I've lived in so many places it took until I was 50 to finally settle down in one. I think I have now, but it's maybe too early to tell :-)

pita-woman said...

Very brave thing to do! I'd like to move, if only 30 miles away, but I'd have a hard time getting the husband to come with me (he's not one of the worldly possessions I'm quite ready to give up yet), so we stay put.
Do you think you'll ever get all those books back you've left on the west coast?

Barb said...

That big move took a lot of courage and I'm glad it has worked out for you so well. :)

Tumblewords: said...

Oh, I did that several times - it is a freeing bit of life, isn't it? However, I'm now static. Admittedly, I do occasionally get itchy feet but generally a good night's sleep cures that.

Vickie said...

I loved this post and the map. It was fun to see where you live and wow! how far you moved. It must have been a very free-spirited change.