Friday, April 17, 2009

Welcome to the World of Iced Tea


No Iced Tea is not just a rapping actor, it is a real drink and in Dallas you are offered it for free with your meals (just like being offered water). Now you may have noticed from my intial purchase on the holiday that I like my Iced Tea but I have never been able to buy a brand of same that tastes ... well like Iced Tea. It is a fairly simple recipe - cold tea and sugar but so many commerical products add so many other things so it tastes .... well odd.

So I went on an Iced Tea search while in Dallas and the winner of the best Iced Tea was at Red Hot and Blues. It was in a small jug instead of glass (I liked the novelty), it was just sweet enough without being overly sweet, the lemon wedge was a perfect touch, the perfect amount of ice was floating around and they kept refilling it freely :-) Just to explain the ice - I get annoyed when there is too much ice in a drink because as it melts it dilutes your drink and you end up with something that taste like bad post-mix products. Too little ice and your drink doesn't get and stay cold enough. There is a science to this :-)

A close runner up was at Ruby's where it was also unlimited and they allowed you to put whatever amount of ice you wanted in teh drink (yes I have ice issues). They also offered sweetened and unsweetened tea. The only point of difference was that Ruby's was a commercial product and Red Hot and Blues tasted like it was homemade (although it may have been commercial product).
One of the joys of being me - finding great Icea Tea :-)

1 comment:

pita-woman said...

Interesting... they don't charge for your iced tea beverage? My husband would be in hog-heaven!!