Friday, April 10, 2009

Peach Cobbler


Dessert is not something I usually go for with great zeal - I am not a big sweet tooth at the best of times. That changed at Red Hot and Blue when I noticed a peach cobbler on the menu - surely this is a Southern favorite that ranks with apple pie for its 'American-ness' and when my server added that I could have a small serve, I was gone.

Now for the reader unfamiliar with a cobbler, it is essentially a variation on a crumble (as in apple crumble) but this one was magically lifted to the stratosphere of delicious. Was it the atmosphere, was it the novelty, was it a secret ingredient .... not really sure but whatever it was, it worked.

The first thing you notice is how fabulous it looked. Then there is the taste - a warm, soft cobbler that was perfectly complimented by peaches which still has a little bit of bite (can I say al dente peaches?) all blended with the cool, smooth, creamy icecream. Absolute bliss :-)
You gotta know what I am going to be cooking over the next few weeks lol

3 comments:

musik-addikt said...

Cobbler? Sorry I've never heard of it, anything you can liken it to?

pita-woman said...

Cobbler, similar to a pie, only not in pie-form. The pie filling, with a crumbly-crust covering it.

Unknown said...

It's like a peach crumble MA - but oh so much better :-)