Saturday, April 18, 2009

Basketball Nights




Back to news from the holiday. Thursday night was basketball night - J1 and his team are playing in a national competition and this tournament is one of the elimination rounds (I hope I have explained that properly).

Both Miss Weasley and J1's dad are basketball players - good players - and as such basketball has featured heavily in the lives of the kiddlies over the years. J 1 had better ball skills than me at the age of 4 or 5 (which might not be saying much now that I think about it) but I guess what I am trying to say is that he is good, real good. If he wanted to make a career out of it he probably could, and if nothing else it should get him a scholarship to a college of his choice.

It was an absolute joy to watch him play - something I haven't had the chance to do for a few years now. Last time J1 was a boy and now, well he is definitely a young man.

I am very proud of J1 - for his sportsmanship, his commitment, his discipline, his leadership, his integrity, his personality, for pretty much everything really.

No comments: