Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Girl's Do Lunch








There are many differences between the US and Australia and schools are just one of them. Maybe I should clarify that it was different to my school (that I left over 20 yers ago).
For a start the kids mainly stay inside all day - no running around without your shoes on happening here.
Next the names - whereas our schools are generally named for the locality (eg Harvey Primary School or Albany Senior High) all the schools I have been past have been named after a person. Miss J3 did tell me who her school was named for but I can't remember - will get back to you on that one.


The other thing is that a cooked meal is made available for the kids each lunchtime - and they are free - no canteen with half a vegemite roll going on here :-) We varied that a little yesterday and (as is perfectly acceptable) went and joined J 3 for lunch - taking our food with us. Becuase we were visitors we got to sit outside in a little courtyard and eat. I had a black bean burrito (big yum) but, taking the advice of both Abz and Miss Weasley, have included other photos instead :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like if you blended the best bits of the us schools and the best bits of ours it would be terrific... mmm would of killed for a hot lunch in my day... loving the photos,,