Monday, April 6, 2009

First Spend


I swapped some of the old familiar currency for the strange greenbacks that are all the same color and are made of paper. So what does one buy first when they get to the shores of the good ol' US of A ... well real Coke or McDonalds might seem obvious but I was dehyrated and need REAL fluid.
Now the AriZona Iced Tea was fine but the fake lemon taste was a bit metallic and... well into the bin it went.
The Fiji Water I bought becuase of the novelty of drinking water from the tropical home of the military coup (and it was cold and wet).
The Arnold Palmer Iced Tea was also a novelty buy but the overpowering taste of pear juice (don't even begin to ask me why you put pear juice in iced tea) meant it hit the bin as well. No major loss, I got my water and I spent my first USD :-)

3 comments:

pita-woman said...

I've heard of the Arizon-Tea, but never the last two... maybe they are products only sold in the area you're in.
Pear juice? Blech!!

Unknown said...

I put it down to LA la-la really :-) Definitely skip the Arnold Palmer drink! I have seen Fiji water advertised in US magazines like "People" so I figure it is available in more places than just LAX but I don't actually recall seeing it in Dallas either :-)

Anonymous said...

Gees chick, you can get Fiji here...lol the others sound gross, never understood the cold tea thing & pear!!! yuk...

Funny money that yank stuff... mind you ours was the same till the 60's... missing you love...