Saturday, March 5, 2011

Travel Thoughts

It is getting close to the time where I want to book my travel back to WA for Graham and Nancy's wedding (which isn't until July but I like to be booked in early).

It will cost me $300 - $400 to fly. I don't really want to after the problems with Virgin last time. They didn't have my pre-booked wheelchair for me when we got back to Sydney and the airport was closing in about an hour. I had to walk (and I use that term very, very loosely) though to get my bag while accompanied by two apologetic (but so very patronizing) flight attendants. It was humiliating and crippling - and I am not sure which was worse.

I had a brilliant idea this morning - perhaps the train could be a viable option. Okay so it takes three days (as opposed to 7 hours) but I had a ball when I took the Indian Pacific when I moved over here. And I get to take photos! Small problem - it is $600 return. I am not saying it is poor value for money - it is just being on disability means that "money" is my issue.

How much belt tightening can I handle in the next month to get the extra money? Hmmm , need to look at budgets closely.

1 comment:

pita-woman said...

I've always wanted to take a train trip cross-country. Sounds like fun!