Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Present Time

It is my much-loved Robbie's 18th on Saturday and I have been trying to figure out what to get him that doesn't involve the semi-traditional bottle of alcohol. I have settled on "pearls of wisdom" (pun intended).

I have bought a mp3 player and I am progressively filling it with music, and recipes, and podcasts and bits of philosophy and anything else I can think of. I am trying to record a little introduction to each of the pre-recorded pieces to explain why I selected them.

I know it is a bit daggy but I am hoping that I am of an age where lovable daggy is acceptable (especially as I was originally planning on doing the love a painting but he "pinched" one I gave his mother a year or so ago lol). And we do actually have a few common interests so not all of it will be from left-field.

In any case, he can put it in a back drawer and just pick it up periodically as he goes through life :-)

And, as it is a costume party, I will be dressing up (not usual for me) AND it will include a dress (which I still reserve the right to wear pants or leggings underneath but I haven't decided once and for all yet). Damn he must be special - it has been maybe 7 or 8 years since I last wore a dress :-) (and yes it does still fit). Photos to come.

I must admit I am getting a bit excited :-)

PS: There will be NO Meat Loaf - I have inflicted enough of Mr Meat on the lad already :-)

Image: "Pearls of Wisdom" by Anya-Lyssa

1 comment:

Pinki Kumari said...

play bazaar is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs. Even you can find website theme with satta king and joomla.