Friday, April 2, 2010

Stroopwafels Return

Back in history when this blog started on of the visitors on a friends site led us to the exotic idea of the stroopwafel. I spent hours and hours hunting down a stroopwafel iron eventually fining one on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland ... although one I got there they looked at me dumbly even though they had confirmed they had them in stock less than 30 minutes earlier.

Anyway, the moment passed and I become hooked on the idea of oven baked donuts (and yes I do have a pan for that).

Today while reading through my latest delicious. magazine I notice that the essential ingredients for one of their recipes is the stroopwafel - although they do suggest buying them from gourmet stores rather than make your own.

I know it is only one recipe in one magazine but could it be possible that this could become a new trend product - and I might finally get a stroopwafel iron?

PS, a stroppwafel is a caramel filled waffle from the Netherlands.

2 comments:

pita-woman said...

Well, as I was trying to say before the computer blinked...
Sounds delicious!
However, they look like a stack of frozen hamburger patties that were fried up.

Divya said...

Good work Article is awosome i like Satta King by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo fast in India play bazaar