Saturday, April 24, 2010

Consider This A Personal Invitation

From the Facebook Boobquake site:

"Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which (consequently) increases earthquakes," Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi was quoted as saying by Iranian media. Sedighi is Tehran's acting Friday prayer leader.
I have a modest proposal.
Sedighi claims that not dressing modestly causes earthquakes. If so, we should be able to test this claim scientifically. You all remember the homeopathy overdose?
Time for a Boobqauke.
On Monday, April 26th, I will wear the most cleavage-showing shirt I own. Yes, the one usually reserved for a night on the town. I encourage other female skeptics to join me and embrace the supposed supernatural power of their breasts. Or short shorts, if that's your preferred form of immodesty. With the power of our scandalous bodies combined, we should surely produce an earthquake. If not, I'm sure Sedighi can come up with a rational explanation for why the ground didn't rumble. And if we really get through to him, maybe it'll be one involving plate tectonics.
So, who's with me? I may be a D cup, but that will probably only produce a slight tremor on its own. If you'll be joining me on twitter, use the tag #boobquake!

Hmm, an excuse to let the girls hand out and call it science (and a personal protest against fundamentalism in all its forms) .... well count me in rofl

Photo: "Cleavage" by Butchy

2 comments:

pita-woman said...

Um, yeah, I don't think so!
While I don't agree with Sedhigi's ideas on what's causing all the earthquakes, I'm all for the idea of women AND men being a bit more modest.
I really am tired of seeing so much tits, ass and belly hanging out, whether at work, the grocery, the mall or in the park. Save the revealing of flesh for the bedrooms and strip clubs.

Divya said...

Good work Article is awosome i like Satta King by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo fast in India play bazaar