Friday, January 1, 2010

Mango Chutney



1 T oil
1 small onion, finely diced
1 ripe mango, diced
2 T vinegar
2 T sugar
1 - 2 chillis, chopped
Pinch cinnamon
Pinch cardamom seeds
Salt and pepper, to taste

Heat oil in small saucepan. Saute onion. Add mango. Add vinegar, sugar and spices. Add chilli. Keep at a low simmer until the liquid has cooked off and the chutney is well blended. Season to taste.

I served this with some lentil croquettes, and pumpkin and chicken patties (still working on those recipes - I will post them when they are a bit more refined) with a side salad.

Note: you could also add a pinch coriander powder to the mix. I am a hot kinda girl so I left the membrane and seeds with the chillis - obviously you can take them out.

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Looks and sounds wonderful. I will try it.