Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What Happens to a Dream Deferred?

On my list of things to do in life is get a BA in Literature - I actually got accepted into UWA when I finished high school but deferred for a year and ... well it more of a luxury choice than something "practical" so that was the end of that.

Up until now - while I was having a quick break from the workload last night I stumbled across a BA that I can do externally - and not only can I major in Literature, but I can pick up other units in sociology, politics, history or art. Most of the course is through Griffith University (I have heard of them but I don't know much about them but how bad can they be lol). And I can take up to 10 years to complete it.

Now that I have been addressing my "fear of failure" is this a golden opportunity that has landed in my lap at the right time? Is this the chance to live a dream for no other practical reason than "I want to"?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm and how do you 'stumble on it' Goddess... Me think the Gods of Dreams Fulfilled have been at your google...

Do it love, for no other reason as then Abbey will know a writer...love ya

Unknown said...

go for it pearl...what a fabulous dream to have, yours that is, not abbeys!!!