Tuesday, February 17, 2009

We Are Flooded In

It has been gloriously raining since Friday - apparently we have had 400 ml since then with something like another 200 ml overnight. So the town is flooded in. Now I should clarify immediately that (to my knowledge) no houses are at risk, it is just the roads in and out that are under water. And I live on a mountain, I will need a Noah's Ark-type flood before I am personally at risk of going under.

So there is no work today. Okay we are going to try again at lunchtime but I am not personally hopeful that things would have changed that much.

Part of me is going woo-hoo - this is kinda like the snow day that I have never had. The rest of me wants to be there - I have things to do and people to talk to and stats to work on - I have a work ethic! :-)

Sigh ...

Art: "Flood" by nukieu

1 comment:

Rainbow dreams said...

Enjoy the space and time - are those you need to speak to likely to be rained in too? Work will wait a short while at least and there is nothing you can do... know the feeling though!!