Monday, October 19, 2009

A Dream Deferred

Bellingen is the home of Camp Creative - a 5 day festival of arts workshops (writing, music, dance, painting, cooking and the rest) run by some of the best in the business.

There is even a writing course run by Australia's best selling author Bryce Courtney. The price to attend is prohibitive for me ($300) being that I am on a fixed income but I came up with a plan to apply for a small training grant.

That was yesterday.

Then last night while I was desperately trying to find a position that might allow me to sleep reality hit. I have spent the last five days in chronic pain that I can't seem to dissipate, barely able to move. What makes me think I can sit through an intense five day workshop!

Okay I know that I am going through a bit of a bad run and not all days are like this (and I am not feeling sorry for myself) but there is no way, even when I am having a good run, that I could sit for five days. Even to balance it with (say) walking around a bit isn't a viable option. If I could I would be going back to work lol.

Now I just need to come up with another plan to get that sort of training from Bryce Courtney - does anyone have his email address lol ....

No comments: