Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Jobs You Don't See Anymore

I found this list of job for a small English community in 1822 - not many that I find in my community in 2010 :-) Okay we have grocers (although not termed that way) and a chemist ..... I am not sure our druggist are the same as the one of 1822 lol

stone mason
grocer
nail maker
wood turner and chair maker
wheelwright
shoemaker
blacksmith
file manufacturer
maltster & flax dresser
draper
cooper
hat manufacturer
chemist and druggist
basket maker
flour dealer
linen manufacturer
tailor and habit maker
junior fork manufacturer
corn miller
brace, bit, & gimblet manufacturer
thread manufacturer
fork maker and frinders
gentry
pocket knife manufactuer
pen knife manufacturer
corn miller

2 comments:

diver said...

Fascinating little post MG.

Think I'll go make me a gimlet, just for the fun of it :)

Mountaingirl said...

lol :-)