Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Jobs You Don't See Anymore

I found this list of job for a small English community in 1822 - not many that I find in my community in 2010 :-) Okay we have grocers (although not termed that way) and a chemist ..... I am not sure our druggist are the same as the one of 1822 lol

stone mason
grocer
nail maker
wood turner and chair maker
wheelwright
shoemaker
blacksmith
file manufacturer
maltster & flax dresser
draper
cooper
hat manufacturer
chemist and druggist
basket maker
flour dealer
linen manufacturer
tailor and habit maker
junior fork manufacturer
corn miller
brace, bit, & gimblet manufacturer
thread manufacturer
fork maker and frinders
gentry
pocket knife manufactuer
pen knife manufacturer
corn miller

3 comments:

diver said...

Fascinating little post MG.

Think I'll go make me a gimlet, just for the fun of it :)

Unknown said...

lol :-)

Divya said...

Good work Article is awosome i like Satta King by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo fast in India play bazaar