Thursday, November 3, 2011

Wow What A Year

It is amazing what can happen to a woman when she stops being a hermit and steps out the front door and into her community!

I am now officially the Secretary of the Northbank Community Garden for a start. I will only do it for a year - they are going through the incorporation process and there is all of the paperwork to get gone - it makes my brain cells tingle with excitement with excitement every time I think of legislation and minutes and the like lol.

Then of course there was the incredible inaugural Bellingen River Festival which surely is one of the most exciting projects I have ever been a part of. The actual day was, as the name suggests, a celebration of our River and there was bands, workshops, guided walks, a program run by our indigenous people, canoe races,a  lantern parade - oh the list goes on - and all for the cost of a gold coin donation ($1 or $2). 

My component was the Storytellers tent (yay!). I have spent the past few weeks running around town interviewing all sorts of people and beginning to collect photos that tell a River Story. I have started a project on ABC Pool to allow them to be used for future projects by others (and they are also all stored in the National Library). And on the day we had poets, people telling stories, a photo display as well as an audio/visual presentation.

I am now looking at pitching a program for ABC's Radio National based on storytelling and using some of the work created for the Festival.

Oh and there is my beloved Foodbox which I am actually stepping back a little - helping out with packing the boxes and other little bits - not for any reason but that I am trying to balance everything out. I was doing a newsletter and recipe development as well as media/public relations but they has been passed on to others.

Oh, and I did a quick trip to WA in July - and will be going again in three or four weeks - and yes it shall be blogged this time lol.

So all in all, 2011 has been one of my best ones yet - and there are still two months to go :-)


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes. What a year and what a pleasure to get to know you. What a lovely lady !

oil change va said...

Thanks for the Great Post. This is a super Blog!.

Unknown said...

hain ki ishq itna mat karo,
ki hussan sar pe sawar ho jaaye…..!
hum kehte hai ki ishq itna karo,play bazaar satta king

Unknown said...

Even though the satta king company may allow employees to dress casually, Play Bazar you still need a nice appearance to impress your interviewer.