Monday, March 1, 2010

Remembering Holly Hobby

Just thinking about childhood and my Holly Hobby curtains come to mind - I can't think of a specific reason why, it is one of those things that just is :-)

I am not sure I am correct, but I think I kept the same curtains from when I moved into Fourth Street in 1979 ish to when I left. Originally my walls (which I chose the color) were a violent, florescent chartreuse color (which I covered with posters from floor to ceiling) but ultimately was repainted to be a rich camel sort of color - at which point I removed most of the posters lol

Funny cos I left home at 17 and I never thought my HH curtains were daggy or out of date. Maybe because I have gone on to be a crafty kinda woman who hankers after moments of nostalgia :-)

2 comments:

pita-woman said...

I LOVED Holly Hobby when I was growing up! I've still got a H/H rag doll from my childhood.
At one time, I had a H/H gazebo, I think a tea-cup set, and a couple of poseable dolls.

Mountaingirl said...

Oh you are so lucky :-) They would be real collector items these days :-)