Thursday, November 5, 2009

I Almost Saw Philip Adams!

I was sitting in one of my favorite cafes doing my paper on Chaucer and drinking peppermint tea. The paper was pretty much finished so I paid my bill and prepared to leave when I thought I saw Philip Adams!
Wasn't I glad I was carrying Chaucer and not the New Idea lol.
Sitting at the big table near the door was a doppelganger for the great man! I couldn't really sit down again as it was obvious that I was leaving, and the person in question appeared to be a meeting-like conversation with the others seated near him so what was a girl to do? I paused and looked at some art and strained to hear his voice - a twinge of a Canadian accent and not quite deep enough made me 90% sure it wasn't him. But that left a 10% possibility that I was mistaken or that he disguised his voice in public to avoid run-ins with people like me.
I left with the situation un-resolved but I danced as I considered that today was the day that I almost saw Philip Adams.

4 comments:

kyles said...

Laughs....I've got visions of Philip Adams blogging that he almost saw Pearl today...his number one fan!

Priscila said...

I’m new here to your blog and wanted to “pop” in to say hi! : )
If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
Xo
Priscila

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Wow.. I hope it was him! I love Chaucer.

Mountaingirl said...

I am learning to love Chaucer .... well enough to pass this unit anyway. I like him a lot (which is an improvement in delaying reading the book for as long as possible) but I can't say 'love' just yet ... maybe after another assignment :-)